Monday, June 10, 2013

New Companion in Mesa Grande!

Hola Amigos! so I just went through my first transfer and I am staying in Mesa Grande.
 
We received a new family to teach and we found a found a new 17 year old boy to teach this week. I guess the previous sisters had Taught, Testified and Invited them ( TTI) before and we always have them as our backup plans as the "family in the corner" since I got a new trainer and I am the only one that know the area the members, less actives, and where our investigators live, I am leading weekly and daily planning and guiding the way, anyway I decided to go visit him one night and he was home and we made an appointment to go see him. We made plans to teach him the Restoration, so we went and he was really nice and I asked if his family was home. He said "yes let me go get my mom she needs to hear this too." we were super excited and then she came out and in a really nice way she told us that she already had a religion and we shouldn't waste our time with them. my companion Sister Gareck said well all we can do is invite thank you for your time and shook her hand and then I looked at her and said wait I still want talk to Juan, then I said nice to meet you ma'am (in Spanish) we'll just talk to your son :) so she left and we stayed to talk to Juan and we asked him what he liked about church, and how Jesus helped him in his family, and then I don't know why but I asked do you believe that Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father and the holy ghost are separate. he said no they are one, I shared a scripture in the bible ( he believes in the bible) about Christ's baptism, which clearly explains they are 3 separate beings. Well actually his two cousins showed up at this moment and I had his cousin read it and spanish he read it and I asked what he learned from that passage, he said "that it has a lot of big words." so I explained it. they took it well and they were both really interested on what we had to say. For some reason I was so excited and the spirit was guiding my words, I explained the Amos 3:7 how God will do nothing without his servants the prophets and how God has called a prophet today! So we can know what we need to do to be happy and return to love with him with our families that we love so much. somewhere in there I did rehearse the first vision.
 
Then I asked what do you think happens after we die? he said we are 6 feet under and that's end of it. (What?!!) Then I was filled with even more excitement and I said that is why Jesus came to earth so we can be forgiven of our sins and he broke the bands of death and  because he Resurrected we are able to also and we have the opportunity to live again!. I also explained the character of Christ and helped him understand how we go to people that have been through similar trials that we are going through, so they can comfort us and when people that haven't gone through it, we don't trust as much because they don't know what we feel, has that ever happened to you? or are you the person people come to for advice? he answered and said yes I know what you mean I am a counselor among my friends. Exactly that's why Jesus can heal us because he's been through everything we all ever have gone through and will ever go through and he knows how to succor his people( I read him another scripture that said that) I explained that because God loves us so much he gave his Son so we can all be saved with out loved ones! Juan smiled very big and told my companion " I love spirit" and I said yes I'm so excited because it's true and I know that you can know of these things for yourself and we invite him to pray and my companion asked if we can leave them with a  prayer and his cousin joined us and took his hat off! how cute!
 
Well I gotta go! I don't have time to send pictures sorry and there is a lot more things I want to say! any way this boy is going to get baptized I can feel  it and also his cousin and he will be a great example to his family and they are all going to join the church and be amazing and he is going on a mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment