Monday, June 24, 2013

In Need of Encouragement... A Challenging Week.



I am having the most challenging time of my life! and I am learning so much! I can't even begin to describe.

OK here we go

First: the people that we love and want them to comeback to church are never home, and we are riding around town in the heat and can't find them, and when we see them they aren't the warmest people in the world and they don't seem to have the fullness of  joy that they deserve.

Second: some of the people we are teaching, know that the church is true, but they don't want to let go of bad habits and some don't want to marry and most aren't keeping the commitments we invite them to do. We do all these things out of love, for we know this will bring them happiness.

Although, one blessing did come from our efforts of leaving our house early to go wake people up to bring them to church. We have done it for two weeks now and everyone has been asleep and this one family that I have so much love and high hopes for said that they will try to make it. Then we went to church and I didn't see them. At the end of the first hour, I looked back and there they were Mom, Dad and little Daughter! My heart rejoiced, I had a big huge smile on my face and all the members were coming up to introduce themselves, they felt so loved because they were! They had to leave but we did get to show them where her little daughter would be learning about God and how to sing, it was so great. I was holding back the tears of joy as I went to my next class, hopefully from this time forward they give us time to teach them. 

My companion is teaching me a lot (my Trainer) not in a sense that she is teaching me how to be a better missionary, but as in practicing my patience, love, motivation and being more encouraging and help her look at things as a learning experiences. 


We also need to work on our communication, so last night we had a companionship inventory, just to see what we can do for each other to help us teach better and be more effective in every aspect. 

My companion burned her leg on the wooden bench outside in our backyard. Hahaha!
Having Lunch.

I know this will make me a better friend as I get back to the world, I am developing a love and deep care for others that I've never had before now I can understand how God is so loving and patient with us even when we aren't doing the right things and He wants to bless us with an abundance of joy,but we don't give Him that opportunity most times.

This is my wholesome entertainment, watching our house mates dying each others hair. Hahaha!
This is my favorite snack, which is odd because I hated peanut butter before my mission, but now I absolutely love it!
We get to go to the temple every transfer, and this day was the second time this transfer because it was the temple excursion, so fun!  We had a meeting with our mission president inside! And then after the session we had another devotional! I was so happy this day!

I loved that New Mission Presidents Sermon! Wasn't it great?! I  am so excited that we are going to be using the web for spreading this fantastic message to everyone in the world! Honestly, I am kind of nervous as to how, but I know that during the less productive times of the day it will be a great way to share the gospel. 

Santa Cruz, I know that the Lord will bless that area with miracles as we do our part and share our love with our friends and invite them to learn more about our faith. I know that it sounds like a lot of work, but go about doing good just as Jesus did, visit those that have gone away and be their friends, share your testimonies to those that are going through difficult times, young women and young men bring your friends to church, go out with the missionaries and study Preach my Gospel, there you will have opportunities to share your testimony and your love for others will grow, as well as you desire to build up the kingdom of God. 

I know you are all doing this, so keep up the good work!

This Sister is from Hollister and she goes to Santa Cruz a lot, so we decided to be friends after our missions! And she is 19!
Send me letters so I can know how you are all doing, love you! 

If you all send me pictures it will be in my wall of fame, don't be shy I love your faces!
Tell my mom I love her for me! 


Naomi you are always with me in my heart. Love you!
  

Having dinner at an investigators house, she is so sweet, we all love each other! So yummy! Fish and soup!






Here I am ironing my clothes! So much fun! I love this, I've never had to iron before in my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment